Location: Blue Springs
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Controller needed for a growing construction company // base +
bonus opportunityThis Jobot Job is hosted by: Kyle BeardAre you a
fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us
your resume.Salary: $78,500 - $110,000 per yearA bit about us:Our
client has been developing, building, and remodeling multi-family
and residential homes for more than 25 years.Why join us?Come join
a growing team and company!!
- Base + Bonus Potential
- Full Benefits Package
- PTO/Vacation/Holiday PackageJob DetailsOur client has an
excellent opportunity for an experienced Controller to manage
day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Our rapidly growing
company manages all aspects of the construction process including
site assessment, scope development and construction work
engagement. To support continued growth, you will implement new
processes and contribute continuous improvement to existing
processes.The ideal candidate for this position is reliable and
committed to consistently meeting deadlines. Construction
Accounting required. Must be organized and detail oriented for all
aspects of office administration.
- Perform accounts payable/accounts receivable functions
- Prepare job cost reports, lien releases
- Prepare AIA requisitions and provide support
- Download activity and reconcile bank and credit cards
- Ensure timely bill payment
- Collect and input employee timesheets
- Process payroll internally
- Obtain and distribute COI's
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Must have 4 year BS College Degree
- General office administrative work
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Excellent understanding of Cost Accounting
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, well
organized, self-starter and be able to work well on his/her
- Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and
supporting schedules according to a monthly close schedule
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure these are recorded
appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and report on
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting
- Documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the
organization's fiscal and risk functions and performance.
- Develop and provide projections of revenue and cash flow to
management teams to meet operational needs.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of systems supporting
financial reporting, payroll and banking systems.
- Oversee projections of backlog and associated revenue and
- Ensure controls are in place to safeguard company assets and
ensure integrity of financial data.
- Management of Federal and State tax notices
- Lead the annual renewal process of all insurance and service
- Coordinate annual outside CPA audit of financial
- Assist with the annual budget process for operating
- Maintain professional relationships with vendors,
subcontractors, financial institutions and other company
- Review construction requisitions monthly for accuracy.
- Prepare account analysis and reconciliations with supporting
- Manage the daily cash flow for weekly management meetings.
- Review subcontractor reconciliations as neededInterested in
hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Blue Springs , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Blue Springs, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!