Global Product Manager - Fire Suppression
Company: Fike Corporation
Location: Blue Springs
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Global Product Manager ---Fire Suppression Fike Corporation, a
rapidly growing international manufacturer of pressure relief,
explosion protection, fire suppression and detection equipment, has
an opportunity for a Global Product Manager ---Fire Suppression
position. Fike is a privately held business located in Blue
Springs, MO with over 400 employees locally & over 1,200 employees
worldwide. Summary: The Global Product Manager Fire Suppression is
responsible for the completion and coordination of all product
management activities related to the Fire Suppression product line
and is accountable for providing overall management and business
leadership for multiple product lifecycles ensuring that product
line goals and objectives are met. Manages, develops, and
implements processes and activities to maximize sales of the
designated products. Analyzes performance, competitiveness, and
trends in the marketplace and develops strategies for the assigned
product line based on research and analysis. Works with applicable
internal teams to identify and implement appropriate
- Fully manages the Fire Suppression product line including the
lifecycles of its products.
- Within the Discovery and Strategy phase of the Fike product
management framework, defines and understands the markets for their
product line and particular products.
- Understands the marketplace and determines what industry trends
- Researches, gathers, and analyzes competitive information.
- Uncovers various opportunities and customer needs.
- Works with corporate and regional leadership to formulate the
product line strategies.
- Creates long term product roadmaps and reviews
- Within the New Product Planning phase of the Fike product
management framework, creates opportunity statements to provide
high level (product) viability.
- Explores partnership and acquisition opportunities.
- Formulates value propositions.
- Leads the creation of business cases with various
- Determines and establishes future metrics for new products to
allow post-launch review and analysis.
- Within the New Product Introduction phase of the Fike product
management framework, conducts training to internal and external
- Plans and executes product launches together with all involved
- Within the Post Launch Product Management phase of the Fike
product management framework, conducts post launch audits in order
to learn from success or failure of the product launch.
- Manages product lifecycles and takes the appropriate actions to
the product (pricing, positioning, sales training, etc.) to
optimize its performance and determine when to strategically
- Leads, executes, and/or monitors various tasks needed to
enhance product performance and application range, creation of
protection design guidelines and provide support to internal and
- Defines, initiates, monitors, and supports research and testing
activities, assists in concept and product developments.
- Provides regular dashboards and communication to management
teams detailing the product lines current status within the
- Leads and/or participates in business improvement
- Maintains confidentiality of all company information and
processes.-------------------------- Essential Skills: Subject
Matter Expertise. Effective Written and Verbal Communication.
Relationship Building. Motivation. Computer Applications.
Delegation. Strong Financial Acumen. Detail Oriented. Organization.
Presentation. Pragmatic. Results Oriented. Critical Thinking.
Problem Solving. Collaboration. Collaboration. Development. Time
Management. Technical Aptitude. Independent Judgement. Work
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
environment is general office work and the employee is regularly
required to walk, talk, hear, see, sit and use hands. Required
- Bachelor---s degree in Business, Engineering or related field,
or an equivalent combination of education and--experience.
- 5 years or more of related experience including experience in
product management roles for an industrial product, preferably in
the fire suppression industry.
- Technical aptitude sufficient to understand and convey in
original written and oral communications with multiple audiences,
including customers, sales, development, quality assurance, and
- Ability to understand, analyze and manage a P&L for
multiple products globally.
- Proven experience in using data and market knowledge to drive a
product line strategy.
- Microsoft Suite skills in Windows, Word and Excel.
- Salesforce CRM experience. G-Suite applications
- Consistent demonstration of the Fike Core Values.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as
required. Preferred Qualifications:--
- Master---s degree or MBA.
- Experience and proven record of accomplishment in building out
a fire suppression offering in water mist products. Working at Fike
At Fike, our people are our strength.-- In order to fulfill our
greatest potential, we are committed to attracting, growing and
retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.-- Better, Together as
oneFike!-- Plus, at Fike, we offer benefits and perks to help make
you smile and feel like family.---- Check out our competitive
benefits package which includes:
- Three Weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Medical Plans with FSA & HSA, Vision & Dental Plan
- Paid Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) Plan with Company Match Fully Vested on
- Profit Sharing Bonus Program
- Education Reimbursement--------------------
- Employee Assistance
- On-Site Fitness Center & Award Winning Wellness Program
- Reimbursement for Safety Shoes & Glasses
- Service awards & Recognition Program
- Company Picnic, Quarterly Events and Holiday Lunch
- Free Coffee/Tea, Lunch Utensils, Lunch Room Mini-mart, Free
Parking Refer to Req ID 1362.-- Please visit our web site at
www.fike.com to fill out an application. Fike is--an Equal
Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability. #CB
Keywords: Fike Corporation, Blue Springs , Global Product Manager - Fire Suppression, Executive , Blue Springs, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!