Assistant Deli Manager
Company: Cosentino's Food Stores
Location: Blue Springs
Posted on: November 9, 2019
" Position Objective: To assist customers in their shopping
experience by leading the Deli team in a way that not only promotes
growth for the company, but also results in a team that delivers
the product and service Cosentino customers have come to
Reporting Structure: This position formally reports to the Deli
Status: This is a non-exempt position.
The following is a list of any certifications, formal education, or
training requirements for this position.
- A food handling permit must be obtained within the first 14
days of employment.
- Minimum of (6) months previous experience in a deli, bakery,
restaurant or food service operations position is required.
- Completion of ongoing training and development as listed on the
Cosentino Learning Plan.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Skills
The following is a list of the basic skill requirements for this
Essential Job Functions
- In the absence of the Deli Manager, provide direct supervision
of the activities of other members of the deli team in a manner
that is operationally effective, but is also motivating and
- Promote a positive overall team atmosphere that includes
cooperation and teamwork, high morale, positive interpersonal
interactions and communications, and recognition for a job well
- Assist the Deli Manager in conducting effective interviews to
hire the highest quality candidates for the deli team.
- Provide effective coaching, corrective actions, and performance
evaluations to improved individual and team performance.
- Address employee relations issues and, if needed, effectively
work with the Deli Manager, Store Director and/or Human Resource
team to resolve issues.
- Practice effective inventory management by counting and
verifying merchandise against invoices and inspecting deliveries
against for shortages, damages and quality.
- Procure items from suppliers and notify Deli Manager of any
special inventory needs in a timely manner.
- Know and practice rotation procedures to ensure product dates
are properly monitored.
- Enforces strict quality control measures of all deli product
put out in cases, hot lines and other areas of the deli.
- Know and practice appropriate portion control in deli
production and service.
- Know and promote ads and specials to increase department sales
- Promote department sales by suggesting additional products and
offering samples to customers.
- Know the location of the items in your department so you can
accurately and courteously answer customer questions.
- Meet or exceed productivity standards to produce desired team
and individual results.
- Resolve customer complaints in a professional manner and
recognize when it is appropriate to involve a member of the store
- Know and implement the Cosentino Customer Service Standards.
- Know, comply with, and ensure the team complies with all health
regulations, sanitation guidelines and safety procedures for your
department and your store.
- Able to operate, clean and maintain all equipment safely and
- Ensure the department is always clean, fully stocked and
- Demonstrates the strong verbal and interpersonal skills
necessary for positive customer and peer interactions.
- Demonstrates the basic math and reading skills required for the
position. Non-Essential Job Functions
- Assist Deli Manager in managing labor costs in a way that
successfully balances the customer's need for service with the
company's need to closely monitor expenditures.
- Efficiently and accurately prepare, package and label products
for sale to customers.
- Practice open communication with store management team
regarding any issues in the deli department.
- Ensure all coolers, freezers and preparation areas are clean
and set up in advance for deliveries.
- Quickly unload incoming shipments and neatly stock them in
their designated areas without damaging merchandise.
- Support your company by completing additional tasks identified
by management, assisting other stores or departments as needed and
gaining new skills when necessary. Physical Abilities
The following physical movements could potentially be part of any
scheduled shift and employees will be expected to perform these
actions while on duty.
- Reaching overhead with both arms up to a maximum of 84 inches,
twisting at the waist and lifting objects with both hands weighing
up to 30 lbs.
- Pushing and pulling grocery items to the proper locations as
needed, up to a peak force of 40 lbs.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time on tile, asphalt,
concrete or other hard surfaces.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs.
- Bending and squatting, at times all the way to floor level.
- Able to work in colder conditions of the grocery coolers and
freezers. Non-Essential Abilities
- Climbing a ladder, possibly up to 15ft. Core Competencies
The following is a list of overall competencies identified for this
role. This profile is based on the necessary knowledge, skills and
abilities for the position.
- Conveys passion and enthusiasm in the leadership role and is a
catalyst for action, change, and innovation for others in the
- Is clear and consistent when communicating the organization's
mission, vision and values so that every individual understands
his/her role in the bigger picture.
- Inspires and motivates others to achieve the milestones that
will lead to both individual success and company growth.
- Able to look beyond daily operations and identify higher level
issues and possibilities for the future state of the
- Effectively communicates the importance of the organizational
vision to build a sense of commitment, loyalty, and direction for
others. Operational Results
- Consistent focus on bottom line results and operational
excellence in all day-to-day activities, processes, and
- Can be counted on to deliver results that are of the highest
operational integrity and consistently meets or exceeds operational
- Is knowledgeable of and capable of utilizing all available
tools, technology and other resources to achieve the desired result
in the most cost effective and time efficient manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business management concepts,
but also has the skills and follow through to successfully
strategize and implement the plans developed from these
- Able to anticipate potential threats to the business strategy
and demonstrates an agile problem solving capability in order to
maneuver around those challenges. Managing the Workplace
- Promotes a workplace environment that encourages respect,
professionalism, open communication and is free from discriminatory
and/or harassing behavior.
- Encourages appropriate workplace relationships that facilitate
high morale, cohesive teams, and a motivating workplace
- Demonstrates unwavering integrity, trustworthiness, and ethical
behavior in dealings with others.
- Asks everyone to take ownership for their work, to be
accountable for the outcome of their efforts, and to take pride in
their contributions in the workplace.
- Ensures credit is given to team members and encourages public
recognition of a job well done through both formal and informal
- Injects energy, a sense of urgency, and a strong service
mentality into the workplace environment.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution techniques and
supports others in utilizing these strategies as needed to maintain
a productive working environment.
- Shows no tolerance for gossip, undermining, or other sabotaging
behavior that can deteriorate productivity and morale. Quality
Decision Making & Sound Judgment
- Makes quality decisions in a timely manner.
- Exercises sound judgment and independent thinking in order to
make decisions, even when under pressure or when dealing with
- Quickly considers all pertinent aspects of a situation when
making a decision while still avoiding "paralysis by
- Can anticipate pros and cons of a decision and foresee possible
consequences of a decision, choice, or action.
- Able to make decisions based on both short-term and long-term
- Recognizes when it is appropriate to seek input from outside
sources (i.e. HR or a higher level manager). Maximize Team and
- Committed to growing the skills..... click apply for full job
Keywords: Cosentino's Food Stores, Blue Springs , Assistant Deli Manager, Executive , Blue Springs, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!