Welder- Night Shift
Company: Fike Corporation
Location: Blue Springs
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Welder- Night Shift Fike Corporation, a rapidly growing
international manufacturer of pressure relief, explosion
protection, fire suppression and detection equipment, has an
opportunity for a Welder- Night Shift. Fike is a privately held
business located in Blue Springs, MO with over 400 employees
locally & over 1,200 employees worldwide. At Fike, our people are
our strength. In order to fulfill our greatest potential, we are
committed to attracting, growing and retaining a diverse and
inclusive workforce. Better, Together as oneFike! Summary: Sets up
and operates welding machine to weld a variety of light to heavy
weight bottles. Handles and positions work with or without the use
of fixtures. Responsibilities:
- Prepares metal surfaces for welding using chemicals, etches and
- Performs welding of various metals using Mig, Sub-Arc and Tig;
fit-up structures and weldments for rupture disc and FM200
- Selects proper electrodes and holders, regulates amps and
- Spaces number of welds in accord with rupture disc
- Avoids distortion and burning.
- Maintains adjustments as required.
- Visually inspects surface for defects and compliance with
specifications; may touch up with grinder as required.
- Communicates any hazardous conditions or situations that become
obvious during the weld process.
- May operate forklift in moving large items, pallets or
- Adheres to safety practices and procedures.
- Follows procedures as defined by Fike policies, procedures and
ISO9001 requirements. Working Conditions/Physical Demands: While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand. The employee frequently is required to talk or
hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hand
to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds using
appropriate moving devices. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to
adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to guarded
moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Requirements:
- High School Diploma or a General Educational Development
- Two to five years welding experience.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions, work
orders and engineered drawings. We offer our employees a
competitive benefits package which includes:
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Profit Sharing Program
- Education Reimbursement Refer to Req ID 601. Please visit our
web site at to fill out an application. Fike is an Equal
Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability. #CB This position will work the
night shift (Monday-Thursday, 4:15pm - 2:45am). The starting salary
will be $22.94/hour and increases based upon experience level.
Keywords: Fike Corporation, Blue Springs , Welder- Night Shift, Other , Blue Springs, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!