Sr. Software Engineer - Front End-OPE TO 100% REMOTE
Company: H&R Block
Location: Blue Springs
Posted on: October 13, 2021
What you'll do...
Build the possibilities.
H&R Block is looking for a Senior Software
Engineer to reinvent our digital experiences. You will empower
customers through our Fintech startup focused on providing
financially vulnerable and coping consumers access to innovative
financial services. Financially backed by one of the largest
alternative financial services providers in the Americas, this
startup is well-positioned to disrupt the US financial services
industry for the underserved. The company is currently in
pre-launch and is expected to enter the market early-2022.
The entire business process is driven by data, by analytics to
allow fast growth all around. This product is transformational for
H&R Block and you can be a part of this exciting effort. When
you join us, you'll use your technical expertise to design,
develop, and maintain software components and products that support
H&R Block business applications and transform our
Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join us.
What you'll do as a Senior Software
- Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to
develop new product features and maintain year over year product
functionality and enhancements
- Create and execute unit tests and addresses defects
- Work closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure
consistent understanding of requirements and approach
- Assist in planning and implementation of a strategic direction
for the product
- Identify product design features to support scalability,
usability and better performance
- Assist and drive technical design and code reviews for all new
enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development
- Understand complex business and functional requirements and
produce technical specifications and product requirements
- You'll also mentor and coach other team members on the latest
technological advances within the current technology used and
establish consistent best practices
It would be even better if you also
- Experience working in the Financial Services Industry
- Experience with native iOS / Android development is a plus
What you'll bring to the team...
- Ideally, you have at least 5 years of related work
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience
- Strong foundations in Web Standards and solid experience in
- Experience with Webpack and other build tools.
- Production experience with Angular 8+ and Ionic
- Experience with mobile first / responsive website
- Expertise in CSS and pre/post-processors
- Proficiency with Agile, Git, Testing, and CI
- Experience developing applications with HTML5, CSS & Less,
- Knowledge in web accessibility and accessibility testing
- Knowledge of front-end performance optimization
Who are we a good fit for?
We're looking for people who act boldly, demand high standards,
crave tough problems, and value winning as a team. We love working
with talented people but more than that, we want to work with
people who are pursuing careers driven by a deeply meaningful
purpose. Our jobs go far beyond any job description, and we're
constantly striving to innovate and make our customers' experiences
better, easier, and faster.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do
not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
characteristics. If you're great at what you do, we want you to do
it at H&R Block.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
#hrbjob #LI-KR1 #hrbfintech
Keywords: H&R Block, Blue Springs , Sr. Software Engineer - Front End-OPE TO 100% REMOTE, Other , Blue Springs, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!