Specialist, HSSE Environmental
Company: Buckeye Partners L.P.
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: June 27, 2019
In this position you will serve as the primary point of contact in
environmental matters for an assigned territory of Asset Teams.
Responsible for compliance with Federal, State and Local
environmental regulations, implementing company environmental and
training programs, adherence to company environmental policies and
supporting district Asset Teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
* Direct and assist the Asset Teams in the implementation of
environmental training requirements within assigned territory
throughout the district.
* Assist Asset Teams in performing required environmental audits
and inspections of pipeline and terminal facilities.
* Communicate and reinforce environmental compliance with Asset
* Capable of leading a root cause analysis (RCA) for major
incident/event such as for product releases and other incidents as
required. Develop and implement corrective actions to ensure
* Respond to pipeline and terminal emergencies serving as the Site
Environmental Officer, ICS Coordinator, or assist in clean up and
support remediation efforts.
* Assist as liaison between Company and Federal/State environmental
* Assist Asset Teams and provide technical expertise regarding
compliance with environmental regulations and environmental
procedures throughout district.
* Develop and present environmental training materials.
* Develop, review and maintain Emergency Response Plans (SPCC, FRP,
SWPPP, etc.) and train asset team members on their plans.
* Make recommendations and provide consultation in assigned
environmental program specialties.
* Collaborate with other District Environmental Specialists on
implementing environmental best practices.
* Represent the Company at pipeline public awareness meetings for
outside agencies/contractors, as needed.
* Provide technical environmental guidance as part of construction
* Provide general environmental compliance support to the Asset
Teams (Waste Disposal, training, document retention and others, as
* Assist District Work Team and Asset Teams in the development of
environmental expense budgets.
* Support District Work Team and Asset Team objectives and
immediate needs. This includes doing something that may be outside
a normal area of expertise or responsibility.
* Provide assistance as requested from any other member of the
District Work Team.
* And other duties as assigned.
* Associate Degree for entry level and Bachelor s degree required
for higher level, preferably in Science, engineering or other
* Background in environmental compliance (storm water, RCRA,
air/water permitting, Spill Prevention, emergency response,
chemical reporting, waste reporting and others, as needed).
* Entry level through 10+ years environmental compliance experience
required depending on level.
* Recognized as subject matter expert (SME) in two or more
environmental program areas and fully-competent in supporting
assigned territory in all aspects of environmental compliance.
* Understanding of pipeline and terminal maintenance, operations
and emergency response including NIIMS Incident Command System
* OSHA 24 hour HAZWOPER, preferred.
* Advanced RCRA training, preferred.
* IS-700 NIMS & ICS 100, preferred.
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office products required. Experience
in Visio and SharePoint desired.
* This position requires extensive travel (50% - 60%). Candidate
must be flexible and willing to travel on short notice occasionally
for extended period of times or under adverse weather
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
* Valid Driver s license
* CEP, CHMM or other relevant certifications highly desired.
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
* Must have the ability to communicate well with Federal and State
* Good written and oral communication skills, presentation skills,
and organizational and scheduling skills are essential.
* This position requires the ability to safely and successfully
perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative
and or/quantitative productivity standards.
* This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual
attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
* This position requires compliance with all personnel
PHYSICAL & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
* The incumbent must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for
* This position may require exposure to hazardous environments and
require the wearing of a respirator.
* This position requires adherence with DOT Drug and Alcohol
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel,
reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl.
* The employee must be able to perform field environmental
compliance inspections and respond to pipeline and terminal
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess
a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and
regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and
verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You
must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion,
and professionalism when dealing with internal and external
customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus
that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its
employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs,
generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for
the global energy business. As one of the nation s largest
independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network
providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and
refined product distribution services; our strength is to create
centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas
is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and
mid-western portions of the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment
Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website:
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Send This Job to a Friend
Keywords: Buckeye Partners L.P., Blue Springs , Specialist, HSSE Environmental, Other , Kansas City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!