Wine and Spirits Clerk - Part Time
Location: Blue Springs
Posted on: August 10, 2019
Job Title: Wine & Spirits Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Wine & Spirits Revision Date: 03/2009
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Educates
customers about products. Rotates, faces, and replenishes
merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Store
Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant
Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers;
Wine & Spirits Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Educates customers about products.
- Rotates, faces, and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest
quality standards are met.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review
- Maintains displays in the department and throughout the
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orders product at supervisor's request.
- Assists with inventory as requested.
- Builds displays as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
No education requirement. Over six months up to one year of similar
or related work experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert
up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
This position is occasionally exposed to dirt, cleaning solvents
and equipment movement hazards. There is exposure to temperature
extremes and dampness. This is a fast paced work environment with
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Two wheeler, cash register, pallet jack, box cutter, feather
duster, and telephone.
Has daily contact with customers, employees, suppliers/vendors,
federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies, and the general
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Blue Springs , Wine and Spirits Clerk - Part Time, Other , Blue Springs, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!