Italian Express Clerk - Part Time
Company: Hy-Vee Food Stores
Location: Blue Springs
Posted on: November 13, 2019
Job Title: Italian Express Clerk FLSA: Non-ExemptDepartment:
Italian Express Revision Date: 05/2015General Function: As a
Italian Clerk, this position will be responsible for taking orders
from customers over the telephones or counter. Orders and receives
products requested by the department manager. Checks to make sure
orders are correct. Additionally you will ensure a positive company
image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer
service to customers and team members.Reporting
Relations:Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant
Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations,
Assistant Managers, Italian Express Manager, Assistant Italian
Express ManagerDirect Reports: NonePrimary Duties and
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include) escorting them to the
products they're looking for securing products that are out of
reach loading or unloading heavy items making note of and passing
along customer suggestions or requests performing other tasks in
every way possible to enhance the shopping experience
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking
- Takes customer orders at the counter.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for
- Prepares pizza toppings (green peppers, onions, etc.).
- Orders breads from the bakery or outside
- Receives product and verifies order
- Pre bakes (partially bakes) pizza crust for the pizza
- Ensures that an adequate supply of product is ready and on
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
- Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
- Inventories the cold case and determines what is necessary for
- Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes
change, etc., where applicable
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Secondary Duties and
- Orders product that is requested by department manager.
- Prepares pizza dough and breadsticks when necessary.
- Pulls old product from the case and fills with new
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
required.Education and Experience:High school or equivalent
experience and six months or less of similar or related
- Must be physically able to exert up to 20-25 pounds of force
occasionally; exert up to 10 pounds of force frequently; and
exerting a negligible amount of force constantly to move
- Visual requirements include vision from 20 inches or less to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.Working Conditions:This position is
continually exposed to flour, dust, noise, and temperature
extremes. There is occasional exposure to cleaning
chemicals/solvents. This is a fast paced work environment with
significant pressure.Equipment Used to Perform Job:Oven, steamer,
scale, big mixer, shrink wrap machine, Telexon ordering unit, CARS
program, register, walk in cooler, pizza cutter, knives, and slice
cases.Contacts:Has daily contact with internal customers and the
general public. Has weekly contact with suppliers/vendors. Has
contact with Federal/State Governmental or Regulatory Agencies as
Keywords: Hy-Vee Food Stores, Blue Springs , Italian Express Clerk - Part Time, Other , Blue Springs, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!